Monday, May 12, 2008

It's raining it's pouring, the bikers are soaking.

Sweet Mullett Batman It's not summer today, spring is springing and rain is raining. I just got home for lunch and I am soaked. I even rode my dirt bike today, knowing it may rain and not wanting to wash my Road King if it did rain. Well it did, hail actually I got really cold and wet. One thing to note about riding in the rain, visibility is really reduced and so is stopping speed, so I stayed on the side roads, thus taking longer to get home so I had more time to get cold and wet. I am amazed at the difference between a DR350 and a Harley Road King. The DR350 will go 70-75 but it's screaming it's brains out doing it. The Road King on the other hand is just purring at about 70 and screaming to go 80 or more. I know this is not a fair comparison, as the Road King won't scale a 10,000 foot mountain trail, but for general commute, both of them got me to work and back.

No comments: