Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sturgis Rally Beer Can Collection

I don't think to many people know about the Sturgis 12 oz Beer Cans that are produced for the Rally? I have been to Sturgis in 1991, 1994, 1995, 2000-07, I started collection them on my first trip however 2000-2005 I did not get one, due to stupidity and some of these years, I heard, there were no productions made. So my collection is still in the completion process.
These beer cans are great collector items!

I've listed below the items marked on each of the cans. It's interesting to see how each can is different! All my cans are unopened and full of Beer.
1991 Sturgis, Black Hills Rally Heavy Beer, 12 fl. oz. (355ml).
On the side of can: Union Made, Government Warning.

Brewed and filled by Joseph Huber Brewing Co., Inc. Monroe, WI 53566, All Aluminum-Recycle.




1992 Sturgis, Black Hills Harley-Davidson Motorycycles Limited Edition, Heavy Beer, 12 fl. oz., (355 ml).
On the side of the can: Harley-Davidson Motor Company Offical Licensed Product, Harley Davidson 1992, Ride Straight, Government Warning.

Brewed and fillled by The Joseph Humber Brewing Co., Inc. Monroe, WI 53566.
(I didn't go to Sturgis this year. I got this can from an "After Sturgis Party" given by Ceasar of "Ceasar Motorcycle Empire", Midvale, UT)

1994 Sturgis, Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Beer, 12 fl. oz. (355 ml).
On the side of the can: Harley-Davidson Motor Company Offical Licensed Product, Harley Davisdon 1994, Ride Straight, Government Warning.

Brewed and filled by The Joseph Huber Brewing Co., Inc. Monroe, WI 53566.

1995 Sturgis, Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Beer, 12 fl. oz. (355 ml).
On the side of the can: Harley-Davidson Motor Comapny Offical Licensed Product, Harley Davison 1995, Ride Straight, Government Warning.

Brewed and filled by The Joseph Huyber Brewing Co., Inc, Monroe, WI 53566.

(This beer doesn't have a year on it but research I have found says it comes from 2003 but I bought it in 2006 so I have to find the 2006 beer)
Sturgis Beer, An American Ale, Net Contents 12 fl. oz. (355 ml), Keep Refrigerated.
On the side of can: Government Warning and Recyclable Aluminum.

Brewed and bottled for Sioux Falls Brewing company, LLC by Gluek Brewing Company, Cold Spring, MN.

2007 Annual Rally Sturgis Beer,
"We are Inviting You... to the Black Hills Gypsy Tour and 5 Mile National Championship Races August 12, 13, 14, 15 At Sturgis, South Dakotay", August 12-15 Black Hills Gypsy Tour * August 14-15 Two Days of Racing, Carl's Motel HWY 14-79, Sturgis Artwork, Wigg's Lunch. Net Contents 12 fl. oz, (355 ml).
On the side of the can: Government Warning: Recyclable Aluminum.

Brewed for Sturgis Beer, Sturgis SD. By Gluek Brewing Company, Cold Springs, MN

On the back of 2007 can: Annual 2007 Rally Sturgis Beer, An American Lager, "This 67th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, join us in celebrating the heart of the rally - the races. With our 2007 commemorative beer can featuring a 1951 American Motorcycle Magazine poster, we honor the 1951 rally with its three days of racing and the addition of Motor Maids recognizing the female biker traveling the farthest distance, and the 1952 expansion of the rally to a full week. Today we thank all the men and women, past and present, who deep the motoryccle racing tradition alive."

I am still in the process of finding Beer cans for 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 for my collection. Once I have them in hand I will post about them.



Here is a picture of Sturgis 2005 beer. I still need this one for my collection.


The picture on this can is Pappy Hoel on his Indian motorcycle in front of his Indian Motorcycle shop, Pappy is the founding father of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally back in 1938. This product was brewed for Sturgis Beer, Sturgis, SD. by Gluek Brewing Company, Cold Springs, MN.

Here is a picture of Sturgis 2005 & 2004 beers. Now that I have proof of there existance I can now search to buy them.








Here is Sturgis 2004 beer. However I also found a picture of another Sturgis 2004 beer and wonder if it's the back side of the same beer or a completly different beer can? I have some research to do.


Back of 2004 beer.





Sturgis 2003 beer I still need to collect.










19 comments:

DoubleDown said...

I did some research and found the Sturgis 2004 Beer can pictures I have are of the front and back of the beer.

DoubleDown said...

After some emails to a few people I found Sturgis 2006 Beer Collectible Can. Here is a link showing the beer and the history behind it.

http://www.cycleconnections.com/articledetail.asp?TypeID=2&ID=1174

Now I just need to get this one for my collection.

isla_bonita said...

I have recently moved into a place where i found 4 unopened cans from the sturgis rally '99 Im looking to sell but not sure how to, appreciate the help.

Unknown said...

I am afraid to tell you that I don't think they came out with any Strugis Rally Beer in the years 2000-2002. 1999 was the last year that they made the beer with Harley Davidson on it. In 2003 they started making the Sturgis Rally Beer. So there was no Rally Beer produced between 2000-2002 that I know of. I am also a collector and go to Sturgis every year. I looked every year and could not find any. If you do find some could you please let me know so I can finish my collection. Thank you,

Red Jeep Club said...

We found out a lot about the Sturgis Rally Beer this year. We visited the SideHack Saloon and they had all the info and all the previous years Beers available for purchase. We actually bought a 6 pack from one can from each of the recent years we did not have. For 2001 they made a can that looked just like 2003 without a Date, and then for 2002 they made both a Bottle and a can that looked like 2003 without the date. Or maybe it was just the bottle in the first year not really sure. The other tip is 2008 is ordered but not available yet. So in a couple of months it will be available. So we may need to hit the Sidehack again next year to get the Sturgis Rally 2008 and 2009 beer cans.

Donna said...

I have some sturgis beer cans that I was thinking about selling, Anyone interested? I have 13 cans. 2-1991-6-1992-1-2004-2-2005-1-2006 and a odd one 1988 harley davidson motor cycles Heavy beer Milwaukee 1988 the little pull ring broke off its not opened just missing the pull ring. call me Donna 281-457-9075.drchannelview@aol.com

Jerry said...

I have a few 1984 Cans, what year did they start making them?

OertwichMtrSprts said...

I have some full 6-packs prior to 1991 starting in 1982. anybody interested?

Sturgiscampground said...

Sturgis, South Dakota is home to the largest Motorcycle event in the entire world. Sturgis campground

Steve Larrabee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Missing_Pieces said...

I have the 2003 STURGIS 12oz unopened can available.

Mr. Missing_Pieces said...

I have 5 unopened cans:

1-2003 Sturgis 12 oz
1-2000 Daytona Bike Week
3-1992 Limited Edition, Harley Davidson-Daytona

Mr. Missing_Pieces said...

I have 5 unopened cans:

1-2003 Sturgis 12 oz
1-2000 Daytona Bike Week
3-1992 Limited Edition, Harley Davidson-Daytona

Mr. Missing_Pieces said...

I have the 2003 STURGIS 12oz unopened can available.

Unknown said...

I have a full six pack of 2005 Sturgis beer. It is still in the plastic rings, which are specially crimped from factory... 2005 Sturgis beer is a dedication to Pappy, who is the founder of the Sturgis Ralley.

Unknown said...

I have a complete six pack of 2005 Sturgis Beer.. For the right price, I would consider selling complete six pack still sealed in rings . Contact aldingerbobby@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi, I actually have a complete six pack of 2005 Sturgis beer still sealed in plastic rings.. I would consider selling complete six pack for the right offer... This is a very rare set of Sturgis beer.. If interested contact me at this email address. aldingerbobby@gmail.com or txt my cell 605-206-1934.

Unknown said...

I’ve got 2003 still full and in plastic rings. I have 2 6 packs. Make an offer and they could be yours

Unknown said...

26nine-three40-nine165
Text/call with offers for 2003 Sturgis 6 pack (have 2)