Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Dyna Low Rider gets a new look.


I was able to upgrade my bike this past week in hopes that the Summer touring season will bring lot's of sun and long days out on the highway. I got new saddle bags and removed my old rack and drivers back rest. I opted for official Harley Davidson Saddle bags, and then we custom built blinker relocation brackets. The bags are bigger and self contained, they are like little plastic suitcases, with the option for a quick release mount. The official Harley Description is" Leather Saddlebags for Dyna Models 09369-02 This product retails for $599. Ouch that is a lot of money, at least I found them on ebay brand new for a lot less. This kit does say it t fits ’02-'05 Dyna models (except FXDWG). (Does not fit with Rear Axle Covers. Not compatible with Layback Licence Plate Kits P/Ns 59817-00, 59822-00, 60134-01.) Requires Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68732-02A (U.S.) or 68733-02A (international).

Like I said we were able to fabricate our own Blinker relocation brackets, I also saw a cheap set on ebay for about 20 bucks, the Harley turn signal relocation kits is chrome and cost about 80 bucks, too much in my opinion. I'll take a close up pictures of the relocation brackets when I get a second. For now just take a look at my ride with the fancy new bags, and the clean rear end.

No comments: